Monday, August 31, 2009

Dance Party Night with hubby and kiddos...

This is my favorite activity to do with my kids, it's the one thing that I can agree with them is fun. Everything else they like, um, I just don't.

I feel like this makes me a REALLY bad mom.

I don't want to play Candyland, it's just not that fun with a three year old. I don't want to watch my 8 year old play computer games. BOOOOOORING. Not that I won't do those things, I just don't want to. This could quite possibly be one of the worst things to say, right?

Dance party night on the other hand brings it all together. Turn on the music and start shakin' it. My daughter loves to dance, just like her mommy and my son loves music- JUST LIKE ME! Finally, something we can all do and enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my children. They amaze me everyday with their own special unique talents. I guess the issue is, I'm not the same age as them. (makes all kinds of sense.)
My little peanut girl is the cutest damn thing- she's sassy and silly and says the sweetest things.
My skinny skater boy is so smart in a normal "un-geniusy" way and he still lets me snuggle him- which I adore. I know one day that will not happen anymore.

I guess the moral of the story is... I LOVE my kids with all of my being- just like all other moms- I'm just not a very fun mom.

Unless you feel like dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment