Saturday, October 3, 2009

When Birds Break Your Concentration.

I have this cast on my leg and it's really bringing me down. I honestly feel a depression comin' on because of this thing. I'm gaining weight, I can't drive (Just let that sink in.), I can't wear jeans or cute shoes, I have to put a plastic bag over my leg to bathe, and I'm sure my foot really stinks. Let's just talk about the itch factor for a minute... IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

I have a stress fracture in my right ankle that doesn't seem to want to heal. My first introduction to this whole "process" was one of those super sexy plastic and velcro robo-boots for 5 weeks. When that didn't help- AT ALL Dr. Stinky Hands (get it? He's a podiatrist so he touches a lot of feet.)* put me in a fiberglass cast. 3 weeks later, I still haven't healed all the way and have pain, particularly when Dr. Stinky Hands squeezes my ankle like he's trying to juice it. So, on goes ANOTHER cast. This time the casting tech got all fancy and put burgandy and black stripes on this baby. It's adorable.** My only comfort is when I look at the burgandy stripes on my cast I think of red wine which makes me relax.

Anyway, I go in two more weeks to see Dr. S.H., get this cast off and my ankle squeezed again. I have decided to tell the doctor that it feels just fine, I am so OVER this cast bullshit. I don't know what to do, but I can't deal with this thing anymore. I'm usually a gym rat who hasn't been to the gym in almost 2 weeks.

Break in the action... As I was typing this post, sitting on my bed, in my FREAKIN' bedroom- inside my house- a BIRD just landed on my bed. What the fuck, that scared the shit out of me! (Let me explain the logistics of that, living in AZ, now that it's cool finally I had my door from the bedroom to outside open, so I guess it's not all that surprising, but it still just shocked the hell out of me!) Luckily it was a smart bird and he/she just flew her little bird ass back out the door after I screamed like I was being bludgeoned.

O.K., I can't focus anymore, I'm all wierded out. My stream of conciousness has run its course about my cast. Let's just hope birds are harbingers or good healing.

*By the way, I believe a joke ceases to be funny once to have to explain it with that many words. Oh well, I tried!

**Is the sarcasm coming through here?

No comments:

Post a Comment